It has been about six days here in New York since Hurricane Sandy hit and things are slowly but surely returning to normal. I hope power restores soon for those without it. Meanwhile I’ve been trying my best to relax and enjoy my free time, and one of the things I did was bake banana bread. I don’t know if you have ever made banana bread before but oh it smells so good(!), and what a great way to use up those spotty bananas.
Here are the ingredients called for the recipe, but as usual I always try to substitute any ingredient I can to reduce sugar content. For original recipe please visit here.
– 2 cups of all purpose flour (I replaced half with almond flour)
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 cup of butter
– 3/4 cup of brown sugar (I reduced that to 2/4 instead)
– 2 beaten eggs (I prefer to use organic eggs because they taste better in my opinion)
– 2 and1/3 cup of mashed banana (about 6 medium size bananas for me but honestly you can put more or less if you like)
Before you begin, preheat oven to 350F degrees (or 175C degrees).
Step 1. Mix flour, baking soda and salt. (That’s almond flour on the left.)
Step 2. Mix butter and brown sugar.
Step 3. Add in eggs and mashed bananas to step 2. Mix well.
Step 4. Combine all mixtures and make sure everything is well blended.
Step 5. Pour batter into 9×5 loaf tray.
Step 6. Bake batter for 60 to 65 minutes (60 did it for me), once toothpick comes out clean from bread, turn off oven and leave bread to sit for 10 minutes, and serve!